It all began in 1928 when Auguste Joubert, then a farmer, bought a farm in Ambert, in the heart of the Livradois-Forez area, between Clermont-Ferrand and Saint-Etienne. Taking advantage of a stream on his property, he installed the first braiding machines and began manufacturing cords and laces which he sold on the nearby markets.
After a fire ravaged his company during the Second World War, he decided to rebuild the site with the help of his two sons. The industrial production was geared towards manufacturing braids and cords but also elastic items for hosiery and sportswear.
The business gained momentum and continued to invest to pursue its development. After becoming the first manufacturer of bungee cords, the catalogue was bolstered with other products: electric fencing in the form of tapes, products for the automotive original equipment industry (storage nets, parcel shelf lifters, exhaust pipe tensioners, seat adjustment straps, etc.).